Zamfara Government Takes First Step To Recover 300 Kidnapped Students - News at its peak

News at its peak

....Information Carrier online magazine is a platform to disseminate breaking stories as well the mouthpiece globally.

Access Bank

Access Bank
Access Bank

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Zamfara Government Takes First Step To Recover 300 Kidnapped Students

Share This

The Zamfara State Government has taken the first step to recovering the students Government Girls Secondary School, Jangebe who were kidnapped in the early hours of today.



This kidnap was  confirmed  by the Commissioner of Security and Home Affairs, Alhaji Abubakar Dauran in a brief interview with Journalists.
 
The abductors in their hundreds invaded the town and took away the students at about 2 am.

“I can confirm to you now that we have sadly received the report on the abduction of the students of GGSS Jangebe and right now, I am on my way to the school.
 
“At this moment, l cannot say how many students were taken away by the gunmen until l get there, but we have already mobilized security men and members of the vigilantatè who are now in pursuit of the abductors,” the commissioner stated.

A staff of the school who spoke with Journalists on condition of anonymity said, “the gunmen in their hundreds invaded the town around 2am on Friday, shot sporadically in the air to scare the residents before coming into the school.

“After taking away most of the students, we rounded up those that escaped or hid from the bandits and conducted a census where we counted 54 students and we are still searching to see if we can get more.”

Also, a resident who gave his name as Haliru Jangebe said, the local vigilantes had tried to repel the invaders but were overpowered.

“The bandits were too many and they all seemed to be carrying heavy arms as we heard gunshots from all parts of the town and when the shots stopped, we heard that the students had been taken away.”

No comments:

Post a Comment


WEMA BANK PLC

Pages